Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Dave from BirdTLC and Pamela from Thomasburg Walks have tagged me with the personal history meme that has been travelling around for the past few days.

10 YEARS AGO In 1995 I was starting my first semester in college. During my first semester I had an unhappy roommate situation, which marred the experience of that fall. That was soon resolved.

5 YEARS AGO Having graduated from college, I was beginning my second year of graduate studies in Washington.

1 YEAR AGO Last fall I was excited by Kerry's performance in the debates and I was expecting him to win the presidency. Unfortunately things turned out differently. ... In birding news, I saw my life bay-breasted warbler on 10/1/04.

YESTERDAY I spent an hour and a half waiting in a train station between trains on my return trip to Washington. Normally my trips on Amtrak's Northeast Corridor are very efficient, but yesterday I had delays introduced from having to exchange a ticket and the train I had expected to get being sold out, etc. I have little liking for this particular station, with its bland architecture and annoying but unavoidable muzak played loudly over the platform speakers. But I do like that the station has retained its old mechanical board for arrival and departure announcements.

5 SONGS I KNOW ALL THE WORDS TO: I have a good ear for music and I learn and retain melodies very quickly. Unfortunately the words do not stick in my memory quite as easily, so there are not any I know all the words to.

5 SNACKS:
Peanut butter with crackers
Cheese with crackers
Orange marmalade with crackers
Chocolate chip cookies
Baby carrots (newly discovered)

5 THINGS I'D DO WITH $100 MILLION DOLLARS:
Pay my debts.
Invest for the future.
Buy a house.
Donate to worthy causes.
Go birding in exotic locations.

5 PLACES I WOULD RUN AWAY TO: These are all places that I have not visited but would very much like to visit sometime.
Acadia National Park
Olympic National Park
Hudson Bay
Madera Canyon
Belize

5 THINGS I'D NEVER WEAR:
Bow tie
Roller blades
Feather boa
Mets hat
Kilt

5 FAVORITE TELEVISION SHOWS: I do not watch much television, so coming up with five is beyond my reach.

5 GREATEST JOYS:
My girlfriend
Singing
Being in a meadow or forest early in the morning
Hearing a winter wren
Learning more

5 FAVORITE TOYS:
Desktop computer
Binoculars
35mm manual Minolta SLR
CD Player
Chef's knife

5 PEOPLE I'M TAGGING: Most people I would consider tagging have done this meme already, so I am not going to tag anyone. But if you want to pick it up from here, go right ahead.